Introduction and question about angel wings

pegret23

Chirping
Jun 14, 2021
(1) I am a first time duck owner as of a month ago.

(2) I have 7 ducklings

(3) I think I have 4 white layers, 2 Khaki Campbells and 1 Rouhen.

(4)I have found them to be a joy to have and watch grow. I also look forward to the eggs that will come.

(5) We love to hike and explore our large property.

(6) We have 6 cats, each with a unique fun personality, we also have started owning honey bees as well. I am a teacher, and my husband is an engineer. We are working to make a little bit of a farm for ourselves and ducklings became our recent adventure.

My angel wing question is specific to one of our ducklings. Her wings on both sides are not laying flat like the other 6 ducklings but they are more pointing up not out, but not much. And sometimes when she is swimming, and first gets out of the water, her wings seem to look almost flat and fine...so I am not sure if it is the start of angel wing, I do not want to wrap her wings if it is not necessary. I have added the best picture I currently have of her. She is the one closest to the camera.

Attachments

• IMG_3112.jpg
    IMG_3112.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 17
:welcome :wee:ya:yesss: Hello and welcome to BYC, You found an Amazing Poultry Community to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members, who are more then willing to jump in and help you along your journey with any questions you may have. :)

@N F C gave you great advice and pointed you in the right direction. Your picture was kind of small and hard to tell if you have AW going on or not?

We had two young Drakes who had AW and if you can catch it early enough, it is a correctable condition. Also make sure they are receiving enough Niacin in their daily diet, so you don't start having leg issues. Best of luck and please keep us all posted. :)

Back
Top Bottom