Introduction: Flocking-crazy from Sydney Australia

flocking-crazy

In the Brooder
May 12, 2015
Northern beaches Sydney Australia
G'Day from Sydney Australia,
Love this site and all of your knowledge.
Iv had chickens (6 isa brown hens) for about 2 months.
Currently getting 3-4 eggs daily.
Learnt a lot in just 2 months, everything from behaviour, coop/run setups, feeders and waterers, pests rats, other birds + brush turkeys.
Can't wait for my flock to all come of age for more eggs and learn more about their funny behaviours and personalities.
I'm thinking of writing a "initial coop setup", first chickens common errors. As some of mine have been costly from feeders way too big to water containers not hangable coops look big but turn out to be tiny (flooded on eBay). I'm sure you all have a lot of advice. In my searching I couldn't find a "initial setup guide" I might be wrong let me know what you think.

G'day to you too. Byc has a very large Aussie community and great thread "Australia, six states and one funny little island." I mention it because some products/medications aren't available both in Australia and US or they have different names. Welcome to Backyard chickens - hope you like it here as much as we do.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

There is a surprising amount to learn about chickens, that's part of what makes having them so interesting I think. One thing that surprised me the most when we started out was how much personality each one had and the funny things they do. Chicken tv is the best!

You should write your article, it could be helpful to others just starting out. And it would give you a chance to look back at how far you've come in just a few months.

It's nice to have you here, thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom