Introduction from a lurker/newbie

sgtzapple

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 30, 2012
Hi all,

We started with a hatching/chicken lesson for homeschool in May and currently have 10 grown chickens 6 months later. I wanted to do something "interesting" and found a few uncommon breeds from a local breeder.

We are in the Fayetteville, NC area currently and have 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Lavender Orpington, 2 Light Sussex, 3 Silver Sussex, Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons, and 1 Swedish Flowering Rooster (he got in with the chics by mistake).

I do have a ton of questions but currently I have 2 probably 3 roosters that have to go. They started crowing all the time and it is only a matter of time before the neighbors complain. No roosters inside the city limits!

I have learned a lot from your site already. I look forward to learning more.

Sincerely,
Sgt Zapple

Greetings from Kansas, sgtzapple, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Great to have you in our community! Sorry to hear about your roosters - good luck with the rest.

Welcome from another North Carolina chicken owner! I have learned so much on this site. Everyone is more than willing to answer any questions you may have. I recently discovered I have a rooster among my flock, as well. Only one though! So far, I think I'll keep him. His crow isn't too bad and the neighbors are pretty far apart :) We'll see how he is when he reaches maturity! LOL

Hi all,

We started with a hatching/chicken lesson for homeschool in May and currently have 10 grown chickens 6 months later. I wanted to do something "interesting" and found a few uncommon breeds from a local breeder.

We are in the Fayetteville, NC area currently and have 2 Barred Rocks, 1 Lavender Orpington, 2 Light Sussex, 3 Silver Sussex, Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons, and 1 Swedish Flowering Rooster (he got in with the chics by mistake).

I do have a ton of questions but currently I have 2 probably 3 roosters that have to go. They started crowing all the time and it is only a matter of time before the neighbors complain. No roosters inside the city limits!

I have learned a lot from your site already. I look forward to learning more.

Sincerely,
Sgt Zapple

Back
Top Bottom