Introduction...hello y'all

GOfarm-Hanna

In the Brooder
Nov 27, 2018
Oregon
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Two years ago we bought a small farm and I immediately went out to buy chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Today we have somewhere around 40.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have several different breeds. Some of my favorite chickens are Silkies, my handsome BCM rooster, my lovely olive eggers and my pretty little bantam Amerucaunas.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I adore their sounds, I especially love the way mother hens cluck to their chicks. I love the way they come flocking for their treats. I love watching my roosters watch after their flock.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I'm an artist by nature and tattoo artist by trade. I love painting chickens, particularly their lovely faces on eggs.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I'm the mother of eight wonderful children and grandmother to two amazing little girls. We have a little family farm we share with multiple generations. I'm a tattoo artist and a woman with a happy green thumb.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I have been a member on FB since just before getting my first chickens. This is my first forum. I am new to all of this, I hope I can figure it out. :)

243B74CA-72EE-43B9-A163-2DA3D41CE2C9.gif
Hello! Welcome to byc!! I’m glad you joined the byc flock!
Nobody is at the bottom of the pecking order here!

Back
Top Bottom