Introduction - New Member

PennySarah

In the Brooder
Dec 13, 2020
Hello everyone!
I am Sarah andy partner is Mike. We only recently became chicken parents. April of 2020.
Mike built the coop for us and we currently have a flock of 7. We have 6 hens and 1 roo.
Ashlee is a leghorn, Thyme is a barred rock, Adobe is an easter egger and we have 3 light Brahmas that we just call the "brahma mama's" they look so very similar, I have a hard time picking who's who quickly. Then there's Benny. He is our black Silkie Roo and he is mean as all the dickens. The sneak attacked me just today. We often pick him up and give him hugs and pets in hopes he'll stop.. he hasn't. However, he protects his girls and is good to them. He does his "happy feet" dance to everyone but only attacks us never the girls.

We have 4 dogs, 2 rats and currently just 1 Ferret who is recovering from spleen removal surgery.

We only have 1 kid left at home. The wings aren't working.

I absolutely love my chickens! I had no idea how hilarious they are. Not to mention giving back. First pet that made me breakfast! My heart swells for them even when the boy is mean.

We are in central new mexico so it isnt too cold yet. Although I fret daily about their comfort. My sister tells me my chickens are spoilt. I say, as they should be!

I found this group several months ago because of course I search the net for answers and this group ALWAYS comes up with great answers or recommendations. So today I decided to join.

I'm not sure what else to share, so thank you for being here and I appreciate all the knowledge.
20201106_155635.jpg
20201106_155635.jpg
20201021_084356.jpg
20201017_150127.jpg
20201017_150952.jpg
20201017_151016.jpg
20201017_151059.jpg
20201017_151927.jpg
20200929_074638.jpg

What a lovely flock! Although there is a lot of variation in Easter Eggers, your Adobe is almost a dead ringer for my Evie. She looks more like my girl than her sister, Audrey, does.

Folks who aren't chicken people don't understand how completely lovable they are. Fortunately, you are making friends with people who find chicken antics endlessly entertaining.

Welcome to the group, Sarah, and tell Mike it looks like he made a nice coop!

Hello everyone!
I am Sarah andy partner is Mike. We only recently became chicken parents. April of 2020.
Mike built the coop for us and we currently have a flock of 7. We have 6 hens and 1 roo.
Ashlee is a leghorn, Thyme is a barred rock, Adobe is an easter egger and we have 3 light Brahmas that we just call the "brahma mama's" they look so very similar, I have a hard time picking who's who quickly. Then there's Benny. He is our black Silkie Roo and he is mean as all the dickens. The sneak attacked me just today. We often pick him up and give him hugs and pets in hopes he'll stop.. he hasn't. However, he protects his girls and is good to them. He does his "happy feet" dance to everyone but only attacks us never the girls.

We have 4 dogs, 2 rats and currently just 1 Ferret who is recovering from spleen removal surgery.

We only have 1 kid left at home. The wings aren't working.

I absolutely love my chickens! I had no idea how hilarious they are. Not to mention giving back. First pet that made me breakfast! My heart swells for them even when the boy is mean.

We are in central new mexico so it isnt too cold yet. Although I fret daily about their comfort. My sister tells me my chickens are spoilt. I say, as they should be!

I found this group several months ago because of course I search the net for answers and this group ALWAYS comes up with great answers or recommendations. So today I decided to join.

I'm not sure what else to share, so thank you for being here and I appreciate all the knowledge. View attachment 2448482View attachment 2448482View attachment 2448483View attachment 2448484View attachment 2448485View attachment 2448486View attachment 2448488View attachment 2448489View attachment 2448490
20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom