My name is Michelle I'm a Chicken Addict just like everyone else on here
So We got our First Chickens From TSC we originally went to look for fencing for our little Pomeranian's who was attacked horrifically by a neighbors Husky mix dog. Which we seen the little peeps, Peeping and couldn't resist so we went over and ended up getting 6 little fluffy butt chics (2) Rhode Island Reds that were labeled as Females, (2) White Leghorns , (1) Labeled Jersey Giant "Eclipse is actually an Australorp". (1) Easter Egger Scarlett.
I have photo's of their baby pics and grown up pics. View attachment 1895902 View attachment 1895903
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 29 Chickens
(3) What breeds do you have? (2) White Leghorn, (1) Brahma, (2) Easter Eggers, (2) Australorp's, (4) Ameraucana's,(1) Black Laced Wyandotte, (2) Blue Laced Red Wyandotte's, (2) Orpington's, (1) Smooth Polish Tolbunt, (1) Frizzle Polish Tolbunt, (1) Black Silkie, (1) splash/blue smooth sizzle, (1) American Paint Silkie, (1) White Silkie, (1) Buff Silkie, (1) Partridge Silkie, (3) White leghorn X's Rhode Island Red (2) Easter Egger X's Rhode Island Red.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? They are very Therapeutic & Entertaining.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Embroidery on my Pfaff Creative sensation making Custom Dog Bandana's, Keychains, Wreaths. And of course Our 29 Chickens.
(6) Tell us about your family I have been Married for To My Amazing Husband for 23 yrs and counting. We have a Beautiful daughter she is 24 years old whom has the most Gorgeous Child Our Granddaughter Ava which we can't get enough of she is just amazing and the sweetest and is so Gentle with all of our pets, And Our Handsome Son he is 22 years old "Single" haha. My husband is Retired Army of 20 years We just bought our first home on 5 acres and that's where our Chicken addiction started, Our other Furbabies are 9 Year old Pomeranian she weighs 4lbs and our other Pomeranian that weighs 10lbs We also have 2 cats Burmese she is 10 years old and an adopted Shelter Calico Cat she is 15 months old & Her Sister which resides with our 22 yr old Son , I'm a Stay at home wife that takes care of our Chickens, dogs & Cats, Once we get Extra Money we would like to invest in installing horse fencing and adding some horses to our place. I would love to do Fostering for dogs & Cats once we are settled.
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I Found it by Google if I remember correctly.
Here's a quick link to where to post your new thread with your intro info: