Introduction of chicks to flock question

Owntalin

Songster
Aug 5, 2020
Essex England
Hey guys. So we have bobwhites that we are going to be introducing to the flock. There are 3 males, 8 females and 4 babies we want to introduce. How do we do this please?
Ty xx

Hey guys. So we have bobwhites that we are going to be introducing to the flock. There are 3 males, 8 females and 4 babies we want to introduce. How do we do this please?
Ty xx
You say "introduce to the flock" ....what does your flock consist of?
In general, not a good idea to introduce other birds to an 'established' group of birds. Fighting will occur. Young birds "babies" will be attacked immediately.
If your 'dead set' on doing it, then I'd follow @Nabiki advice but in general, this type of an approach doesn't work with gamebirds, expect losses.
Seperate enclosures work. Throwing different groups of birds altogether usually dosen't.
I have done this with birds that were all brooded together but if I tried to mix different broods together, the results was not a happy communal group.
I have what someone might call a 'look but don't touch' setup on all my pens but if another bird from an adjoining pen gets into the other pen, it gets attacked almost immediately.

Last edited:
In general, not a good idea to introduce other birds to an 'established' group of birds. Fighting will occur. Young birds "babies" will be attacked immediately.
If your 'dead set' on doing it, then I'd follow @Nabiki advice but in general, this type of an approach doesn't work with gamebirds, expect losses.
Seperate enclosures work. Throwing different groups of birds altogether usually dosen't.
I have done this with birds that were all brooded together but if I tried to mix different broods together, the results was not a happy communal group.
I have what someone might call a 'look but don't touch' setup on all my pens but if another bird from an adjoining pen gets into the other pen, it gets attacked almost immediately.
Ohhh I thought u could? What about babies that u incubate then? Do they never join the flock? We have put them in the pen in another cage where they can see them. We will leave them for a week and see what happens after. We can't build another pen... We don't have the room.

I have said they are bobwhites with bobwhites.

Back
Top Bottom