Introduction to BYC!

BigBlaziken

Chirping
May 18, 2022
Hi All,

My name is Nick and I recently fulfilled a lifelong dream of becoming a flock owner. I now have 9 chickens of various breeds and they are all living happily between the coop and their massive run.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

This is my first time owning chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Nine!

(3) What breeds do you have?

1 Barred Rock
1 Cinnamon Queen
2 Golden Comet
2 Rhode Island Red
3 ISA Brown

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love to see the chickens graze and just enjoy life. Watching them flap their wings and have fun provides endless fufillment. The eggs will also be a nice perk.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Board games, drone flying, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, swimming, video gaming, programming (Python, R, Javascript) writing, and start-ups!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my wife and I work in start-ups and think tanks.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Been reading a lot of posts on here while looking up answers from google. Many have made me laugh out loud. Decided to join.

Hi All,

My name is Nick and I recently fulfilled a lifelong dream of becoming a flock owner. I now have 9 chickens of various breeds and they are all living happily between the coop and their massive run.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

This is my first time owning chickens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Nine!

(3) What breeds do you have?

1 Barred Rock
1 Cinnamon Queen
2 Golden Comet
2 Rhode Island Red
3 ISA Brown

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love to see the chickens graze and just enjoy life. Watching them flap their wings and have fun provides endless fufillment. The eggs will also be a nice perk.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Board games, drone flying, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, swimming, video gaming, programming (Python, R, Javascript) writing, and start-ups!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I live with my wife and I work in start-ups and think tanks.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Been reading a lot of posts on here while looking up answers from google. Many have made me laugh out loud. Decided to join.
:welcome Welcome Nick! Glad to have you!

Back
Top Bottom