Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sue Radlett, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Sue Radlett

Sue Radlett Just Hatched

Just a quick intro. I'm just getting into keeping chickens and will be making up my coop and run at the weekend and picking up hens the following weekend.

Sue

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Sue

Glad you could join the flock! The learning centre would be a great place for you to check out, here is the link ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    It has some fabulous articles that will really help you with getting started on your new chicken adventures. I'm sure you will enjoy keeping your hens, they are so much fun and very rewarding.

Wishing you the very best of luck, be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Sue. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Sue, [​IMG]

What breed of chicks are you getting? Hope you'll take some pictures to share with us...and they grow so fast, it's nice to have those 'baby' moments.

Enjoy yourself and if you have questions, always feel free to ask!

6. Jamestown78

Jamestown78 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2016
    Hi

7. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Sue and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us.

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (just type your state in the search box). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
    CT

8. Sue Radlett

Sue Radlett Just Hatched

Hi all

I picked up my chickens yesterday. 1 H&N Brown Nick, 1 Speckled Rock, 1 Bovans Nera & 1 BBF. They are settling into the coop at the moment. I was advised to settle them in for a couple of days before letging them out so they know where to go of a night time. :D

Sue

9. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Sue - great news about your new girls. Yep, I keep new chickens in the coop for 2 nights and then let them free range - never had a problem with them not knowing where home is.

Good luck

CT

10. Sue Radlett

Sue Radlett Just Hatched

The girls have settled in well and there isn't too much trouble with them going away of a night but they do like some interaction before going to bed of a night. I often have a chicken sitting on my head and one on each shoulder for 5 -10 minutes with the fourth sitting on my feet. They were hatched on 23rd November 2015. Waiting for the first egg.

11. Sue Radlett

Sue Radlett Just Hatched

[​IMG] The Girls laid their first eggs today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by