INTRODUCTION

ChrissyMP

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2019
Hello! Here is my introduction to this community!~

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Growing up I was around the chickens that our family friends had! They had Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, and black and gold Sex links, but I never had chickens of my own. I recently got my own chickens, 3 little Silkies, a black, white and grey! They are currently 5 weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 3 chicks at the moment.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Silkies. Attached is a picture of our little black and white silkie!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love watching how fast chickens grow and for some reason, just really enjoy sitting back and watching them roam and do their own “chicken thing”. Also, love the eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Is shopping a hobby, or just a bad trait for my bank account..? I wouldn't really say I have any hobbies at the moment.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a 4 year old Pembroke Welsh corgi named Wendall, a 1 year old Maine Coon kitten named Asuna, and a beta fish named Jerry. I am currently going to college to be a Rad-Tech and working full time at a dental office which keeps me fairly busy, but thankfully I am now on Summer break!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC when I initially started looking into getting chickens. I wanted to make sure I had enough knowledge about the breed, what they need, etc. before jumping into adopting some chicks. I decided to join because I love reading all of the different threads about chickens and gaining new knowledge.

E5CAB23A-9103-4427-A275-AEC6C8E99748.jpeg

Last edited:
Ah, ChrissyMP, you may think you don't have any hobbies, but caring for chickens is, indeed, a hobby. As those adorable little fluff balls grow up, you will find yourself devoting time and resources to making their lives as good as you possibly can. And, that will allow you to combine your other hobby -- shopping -- with your new chicken hobbies: buying the right feeds, acquiring or building coops, checking out toys and treats, as well as taking photos of the chicks as they grow up and spending LOTS of time on BYC.

Welcome to the group. Hope you, Wendall, Asuna and Jerry all have a good summer with the new family members!

Back
Top Bottom