INTRODUCTION

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChrissyMP, Jun 20, 2019.

1. ChrissyMP

ChrissyMP In the Brooder

Jun 20, 2019
    Hello! Here is my introduction to this community!~

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Growing up I was around the chickens that our family friends had! They had Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rock, and black and gold Sex links, but I never had chickens of my own. I recently got my own chickens, 3 little Silkies, a black, white and grey! They are currently 5 weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have 3 chicks at the moment.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Silkies. Attached is a picture of our little black and white silkie!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love watching how fast chickens grow and for some reason, just really enjoy sitting back and watching them roam and do their own “chicken thing”. Also, love the eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Is shopping a hobby, or just a bad trait for my bank account..? I wouldn't really say I have any hobbies at the moment.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I have a 4 year old Pembroke Welsh corgi named Wendall, a 1 year old Maine Coon kitten named Asuna, and a beta fish named Jerry. I am currently going to college to be a Rad-Tech and working full time at a dental office which keeps me fairly busy, but thankfully I am now on Summer break!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC when I initially started looking into getting chickens. I wanted to make sure I had enough knowledge about the breed, what they need, etc. before jumping into adopting some chicks. I decided to join because I love reading all of the different threads about chickens and gaining new knowledge.

E5CAB23A-9103-4427-A275-AEC6C8E99748.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. Callender Girl

Callender Girl Crowing

Sep 18, 2018
    North Central Iowa
    Ah, ChrissyMP, you may think you don't have any hobbies, but caring for chickens is, indeed, a hobby. As those adorable little fluff balls grow up, you will find yourself devoting time and resources to making their lives as good as you possibly can. And, that will allow you to combine your other hobby -- shopping -- with your new chicken hobbies: buying the right feeds, acquiring or building coops, checking out toys and treats, as well as taking photos of the chicks as they grow up and spending LOTS of time on BYC.

Welcome to the group. Hope you, Wendall, Asuna and Jerry all have a good summer with the new family members!

3. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

4. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your silkie flock!

5. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens Chrissy nice flock to start photos please :fl

6. ChrissyMP

ChrissyMP In the Brooder

Jun 20, 2019
    I have just uploaded a picture of our little black and white 5 week old silkie babies to my introduction post! :love
    89237E31-A1AE-4054-B904-8A737A5BF6D0.jpeg
    698CA095-3659-4F5C-BF3C-52B5096D4CFE.jpeg
    F68B56E5-64BF-4FD4-8797-9086A103ECED.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. Shadrach

Shadrach Roosterist

Jul 31, 2018
    Catalonia, Spain
    My Coop
    Hello ChrissyMP.
    Welcome to BYC.
    You couldn't smuggle me out a pair of lower dentures from work could you?:p:lol:

8. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Cyprinus carpio

Aug 17, 2016
    Salt Lake City, UT
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We're glad you decided to join our wonderful community! :welcome

DobieLover, 007Sean, Shadrach and 6 others like this.
  9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Great to meet you Chrissy, hope you will enjoy Backyard Chickens as much as we do.

10. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUN-omenal Community! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of FUN! :wee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: