Introduction

SaraMarie

Chirping
May 10, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I am relatively new to raising chickens. We got our first 8 chicks in April of 2020. They are now 10 weeks. Unfortunately we lost two to some kind of hawk or owl two weeks ago when they were free ranging. The other six are now in a covered chicken run next to their coop. We have two Buff Orpingtons, Three Color Packs and no only one Brown Bovan (The predator got our rooster and and another hen Bovan.) My daughter was devastated by the loss of her chickens. We of course had to let her replace the lost two. We now have eight week old chicks- 2 Silver-laced Wyandotte, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Rhode Island Red, and 2 new Brown Bovans. They are our babies and we are loving everything about raising them. Glad to be a part of a group that can help me to raise them tight.
Thanks you!

Hello Everyone,
I am relatively new to raising chickens. We got our first 8 chicks in April of 2020. They are now 10 weeks. Unfortunately we lost two to some kind of hawk or owl two weeks ago when they were free ranging. The other six are now in a covered chicken run next to their coop. We have two Buff Orpingtons, Three Color Packs and no only one Brown Bovan (The predator got our rooster and and another hen Bovan.) My daughter was devastated by the loss of her chickens. We of course had to let her replace the lost two. We now have eight week old chicks- 2 Silver-laced Wyandotte, 2 Barred Rock, 2 Rhode Island Red, and 2 new Brown Bovans. They are our babies and we are loving everything about raising them. Glad to be a part of a group that can help me to raise them tight.
Thanks you!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people! Sorry about your losses - free ranging is always a gamble.

Back
Top Bottom