Introduction

LalaP

Songster
Aug 11, 2020
Hi!
I’m new to the forum and read that I should introduce myself... right?

I got (4) day-old black austrolorp chicks and they will be 16 weeks old tomorrow. I can’t believe how much I love them. They are sweet, snuggly, silly, smart and so well behaved. My partner and I talk often and knowingly about how we have THE BEST chickens. It’s no contest... they are the best ;)

Their names are Earnesta, Beatrice, Gertrude and Dotty or affectionately... Earnie, Bertie, Gertie and Dot.

I’m also wild about my tortoises Diego and Pops and I love gardening. I live in Portland, Oregon but hopefully not for long. I’m dreaming of a more rural life.

After getting lots of good info here I’ve finally joined because I have a problem/question that I could use some expert opinions on. I’ll save it for the proper section.

Thank you for accepting me into your community.
image.jpg

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Awww.....your Australorps are adorable!! :love Aussies are my all time favorite breed. Very health hardy, docile and super friendly, they love to lap sit if you work with them as babies. Enjoy your flock and welcome to ours!

Welcome to BYC, so glad you joined the flock. Your Aussies are beautiful. I noticed that one doesn't seem to have a tail.
Do you mean the one with her tail to the camera? It’s a funny angle but she also has the shortest tail. She’s away been different from the others in many ways. She used to be the smallest and now she’s the biggest, she has a very black face, short tail, she’s very independent, she’s the snuggliest and she’s often not interested in treats. She’s a strange bird and I love her for it. Here’s a better angle to see her stubby tail.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom