Introduction

ArkansasChickNewb

In the Brooder
Aug 12, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes. Got my first 6 chickies about 2 months ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We have 14 chicks, and 3 ducks.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Chickens: 6 barred rock pullets
2 white Pekin
2 red laced Wyandotte
2 Golden Laced Wyandottte
2 silkies- 1paint, 1 splash.
Ducks: 1 mallard, 2 muskovee

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Getting my kiddos exposed. And experiencing this as a family.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I like to cook, and eat honestly lol.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I work from home, so having chickens and ducks is great. I have 2 cats who get very concerned when the chicks squeak, but are ultimately scared of them lol. I also have a husky that just wants to be friends with them, but ia sad they do not want to be friends with him lol. I have a 6-almost 7- year old girl, and a 3 year old boy. I also have one on the way, and then of course my biggest child, AKA my husband lol. 🤣

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I Was searching for support groups to help us along this journey with any questions or concerns.

Hi, welcome to BYC.
I don't want to encourage chicken addiction, but I'd add more silkies, and possibly house them separately, or with the cochins/pekin, if they are bantams.
Both barred rocks, and Wyandottes can be bullies towards other breeds. Unfortunately, the silkies may become targets, especially since their vision may be hampered by the crests.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined!
:welcome

Back
Top Bottom