Introduction

I am failing at incubating and need help
Okay so , last night my humidity spiked to 74 percent. Before then it was holding solid at 40, I got it back down to 39, and am removing the water source as I live in Alabama . Did I kill my eggs? Suggestions? Has anyone had this happen and still have a surviving group! I check my humidity about every 10 hours so it didn’t stay this way too awfully long thankfully

Okay so , last night my humidity spiked to 74 percent. Before then it was holding solid at 40, I got it back down to 39, and am removing the water source as I live in Alabama . Did I kill my eggs? Suggestions? Has anyone had this happen and still have a surviving group! I check my humidity about every 10 hours so it didn’t stay this way too awfully long thankfully
No, you didn't kill the eggs. :) Short bursts of humidity don't do anything to the inside of the eggs. Just get it fairly steady, plus or minus 5% and all is good!

Welcome to BYC. I don't believe that a short rise in humidity will kill the embryo/fetus.
I am in a very humid climate, and tho we use our ac most days, I run my incubator dry until day 18. Good luck with your incubation & hatch!
(Do research the hatching threads, and read up on assisted hatching also.)

Back
Top Bottom