Introduction

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My wife and I are new to chickens. We got our first chickens a little over a month ago. We had been thinking about it for a while. About two months ago a friend sold us his coop and run for a hundred bucks and helped me move it to our place.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 18. We got our first 10 from TSC and two weeks later we got 8 from a friend that just hatched some chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have? We got 2 Jersey Giants, 4 Americanas/EE, and 4 Starlight Green Eggers from TSC. The other 8 are mixes, the rooster is a white leghorn and the hens are production reds and a black game hen.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Right now just watching how the chicks change as they grow. Later on, I'm sure we will enjoy having fresh eggs. Also , they already seem like pets and they seem to all have different personalities.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Camping, hunting, fishing, shooting and spending time with my kids and grandchildren.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have a large family, 7 kids and 12 grands with number 13 on the way.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I came across BYC right after we got our first chicks when I was researching how to care for them. I wish I had found it sooner and I would've been more careful when selecting our chicks. I joined so I can interact with others here and post some pictures.
Welcome. If you want to take pictures of your coop and run, we can help you predator proof and with ventilation.

Back
Top Bottom