Introduction...:)

Gracegirl16

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 7, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hi there!
I currently have 1 Buff Orpington Rooster and 11 Buff Orpington hens. I originally had 15 chickens but 1 died during it's first week. I had two roosters so I gave one away, and one hen got pecked to death by the stronger chickens...yes, I did bawl my eyes out. My rooster and one of my hens are very social and love following me around. I got my first egg yesterday and was so excited! Can anyone tell me if they lay regularly after they start or is irregular at first?
Thanks!
Bridgette

Last edited:

Imp

All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle
11 Years
Sep 7, 2008
The Emerald City
My Coop

Congrats on getting chickens.

And yes they can be a bit erratic to start. Some are and some are not.

Imp

babymakes6

Gifted
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
far west Ohio
from Ohio! Just a note-you should remove your age from the first post (go back up and hit edit). It is not a good idea to put that on a public forum.
Glad to see you here! It is hard to lose a pet-of ANY kind!

Country Heart

City Girl With A
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
San Jose, California
Hellow from California

Congratulations on starting your chicken adventure - and your first egg! They can be a bit irregular at first. You may even get some odd ones (soft-shell, double yolk, etc.) but soon they will get into the groove.

Welcome to BYC!

babymakes6

Gifted
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
far west Ohio
Quote:No problem-if you haven't already read the rules, it may be a good idea to do that, too. This is a great forum to be on, with LOTS of helpful people and moderators, but you never know who else could be on here.

Top Bottom