Introductions: I’m Alex!

AuntieAlex

Chirping
Jun 9, 2020
Central New Hampshire
Hi!!

I’m actually really excited to have joined! My name is Alex, I’m new to the chicken world ( I’ve only had my chicks for a week and I already love them so much hahaha!).

I had been looking into getting chickens for a couple months now and had a carefully curated list of breeds I wanted to get based on our New England winters and what we wanted the chickens for but all of the online breeders had a back order until late summer early fall! :( Last week though we were wandering around a local feed supply store and they just happened to have some of the breeds we were looking for so we snatched them up!

For right now we have 3 Easter Egger pullets, 2 straight run Rhode Island reds and 2 SR Barred rock. I’m hoping to get a few more in the fall (especially some welsummers :D).

Anyway, anytime I had a question this place had all the answers and since I found myself continuing to make my way back here I decided to sign up!

I’m looking forward to sharing my chicken stories and questions with you all and seeing some in return!

Here are my chickie-babies when I first brought them home! (I got them kind of spur of the moment so they had to sit in the car crate under the heat lamp while I set up the brooder lol)

Attachments

• B84352FF-0AE0-46EC-A36A-23202C7AA009.jpeg
    B84352FF-0AE0-46EC-A36A-23202C7AA009.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 3
:welcome
Hello! I am also from New England, Mass to be exact,and I joined BYC a year ago for the same reason. Everyone on here is so helpful. Your chicks are adorable! Chickens are kinda like tattoos, once you get one you just can't help but get more!! Welcome and good luck with your sweet babies! :love

Im just north of concord Nh! And they are exactly like tattoos in that sense. I’ve already started looking at hatching eggs to get next year when I have some broody chickens lol. Thank you!

Hi!!

I’m actually really excited to have joined! My name is Alex, I’m new to the chicken world ( I’ve only had my chicks for a week and I already love them so much hahaha!).

I had been looking into getting chickens for a couple months now and had a carefully curated list of breeds I wanted to get based on our New England winters and what we wanted the chickens for but all of the online breeders had a back order until late summer early fall! :( Last week though we were wandering around a local feed supply store and they just happened to have some of the breeds we were looking for so we snatched them up!

For right now we have 3 Easter Egger pullets, 2 straight run Rhode Island reds and 2 SR Barred rock. I’m hoping to get a few more in the fall (especially some welsummers :D).

Anyway, anytime I had a question this place had all the answers and since I found myself continuing to make my way back here I decided to sign up!

I’m looking forward to sharing my chicken stories and questions with you all and seeing some in return!

Here are my chickie-babies when I first brought them home! (I got them kind of spur of the moment so they had to sit in the car crate under the heat lamp while I set up the brooder lol)
I'm new here to. Right now I only have ducks. I have 2 Anconca 5 days old and getting 2 Cayuga ducks Monday. The chickens I want are on backorder, but that worked out. One of my babies is special needs
. Next year I plan on adding lavender orpingtons and Australorp to the flock.

I'm new here to. Right now I only have ducks. I have 2 Anconca 5 days old and getting 2 Cayuga ducks Monday. The chickens I want are on backorder, but that worked out. One of my babies is special needs
. Next year I plan on adding lavender orpingtons and Australorp to the flock.

I loved the lavender orpingtons when I researched them! Unfortunately they didn’t make my list for some reason.. I was mainly concerned with getting winter hardy breeds that either laid the majority of the year or at least gave colorful eggs. Next year I want to get some blue Maran hatching eggs -they are gorgeous and have that super deep brown egg color.

Back
Top Bottom