Introductions

Mary Weber

In the Brooder
Jun 29, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes I am New to Homesteading, I received my Chickens in April, they were already laying and all were supposedly at least a year old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 6 chickens right now, but I believe I actually have 5 hens and a rooster !

(3) What breeds do you have?
Well I have 1 Buff Brahma, 2 Cornish cross I believe, I was supposed to get 2 Easter eggers but believe I only have 1
and 2 Leghorns. For a total of 6

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I am not sure yet, I like being in control of the food ( the type and amount ).
I enjoy seeing my little brood come running to me and chatting with me at feed time.
I also can keep the coop as clean as I want which in turn seems to be keeping the chickens clean and healthy.
In retrospect I have control over My family's food and keeping it as organic as I can which makes me Happy !
I am Learning a lot !

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Gardening and fishing are my outdoor hobbies, indoors I like to create all natural recipes for things like soap, lotion and lip balm as well as a pain balm.
I have tried my hand at jewelry making and am a rock hound !

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a Wife, Mother and Grandmother. I stay at home now hoping to make the property and animals work for us. I love teaching my grandchildren as many survival skills as possible from gardening and canning to raising and butchering the meat. They will be taught to build a shelter and live off the land and I will pray for them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

I found BYC thru google, I have visited the site once before and found that many people have the same issues as I do. I have found most questions are answered and from someone who has experience. I am open to advice and information.

Back
Top Bottom