Inverse Skunk? What could it be?

skunk.jpg

Skunk. They come in all sorts of color/pattern variations; one of the ones at work has at least two almost completely white babies/year. The holes are from where they dig for grubs and other food. You should see what they can do to a yellow jacket nest!

Quote:
If they can take out a yellow jacket nest, they are welcome. We have a real problem with yellow jackets out here!

KellyGwen - Yep, that looks a lot like what I saw. I think I can safely conclude it was a skunk!

I actually like skunks... not in my yard or near my chickens... but I've always wanted one as a pet! My grandfather had one in the army ho lived in his filing cabinet in his office. He was de-stinkified but would still stomp his feet and try to spray if you made him mad! Haha!! They have TONS of colors of domestic skunks in the pet trade... I just think they are so cute
smile.png

This is a lilac skunk... I think it's ADORABLE!! Reminds me of a ferret! (They are closely related)
1198082533_59f1ac2dbf.jpg

i have seen piebald aka cowspotted skunks inverted skunks and believe it or not at the dairy i used to work on we caught an albino skunk solid white pink eyes the whole shibang. wierd skunks down here in the desert. beutiful lilac by the way.

Me too!
That lilac skunk is beautiful!!!OMG!

I had a white skunk that visited my yard every night. She had one black spot on her head and one on her back. Her companion was regular skunk marked.

I haven't seen either of them for a couple of years now...

Around us we have something called a spotted skunk. Some call it a pole cat. In addition to spraying, they stink all the time like Pepe' le Pew.

They have white skunks with black stripes in Northern Arkansas. We camped there several years ago ( I think it was Bull Shoals State Park). My younger son and I had read about them on one of the bulletin boards. That night he was sitting with his dad when one came up right under the picnic table and my ex started kicking at it with my son telling him it was a skunk while dad argued it was a cat.

I was in the tent with the baby and finally convinced him before he got what he deserved. My son had already made a hasty retreat.

Back
Top Bottom