involuntary 12 hour power outage

Blue Legs

Songster
Mar 4, 2021
So tonight my local power company is pulling the plug from 10pm-8am the next day. I have a batch of turkey eggs on day 23 and I am trying to decide if this power outage is acceptable or if im going to need to find them somewhere to go for the evening. Anyone ever had an extended power outage 70-80 percent of the way through incubation

I am reading this when your power is already cut off. :old :(
I would have suggested to take incubator to someone that has power on during this rolling blackout.
There are other option,,, but they get quite involved, and hard to maintain/control.
I'm speaking of placing hot water bottles to add heat to incubator. It does get tricky to maintain a certain temperature steadily.

So, I ended up putting 2 hot hands heat packet things in there and was able to keep the incubator at no less than 84f until the power turned back on in the morning. I may use 3 next time instead of 2. All dozen narragannassett poults and all 3 duck eggs are internally pipped and expected to hatch wednesday morning. I would reccomend this method to anyone under a power outage

Back
Top Bottom