Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

I don't believe anyone has set a time.

Anyone have any preferences?

Just finished compiling all the chicken stuff into a big binder. All caught up, for now.

It would be nice to have the meeting before/after the judging. I've never been to a chicken show before so Im excited to see what it's like. So just to clarify, this show is completely separate from the Fair that's going on at the same time?

I don't know what time judging will be, anyone have any idea?

We could shoot for 11, and if judging of our breed is during that time just wait until they are finished before starting the meeting.

Anyone familiar with the show able to suggest a meeting place?

As I understand there is a hotel nearby where Kari has booked friday night into saturday, and Eric has booked from saturday into sunday morning. They are planning on having the meeting at the hotel so as to have a quiet place to talk. As far as judging goes, usually the judge will start at one breed and work his way across the room. There's not set time a breed will be judged, just depends on the order of where the breed is being caged, and which breed the judge starts with. Also, this is a double meet, meaning that the birds will be judged twice by two different judges. So, I imagine we'll have to be somewhat flexible as to the time of the meeting to fit it inbetween the two judgings.

Sounds good. I think I'll just drive in early in the AM on Saturday, but looking forward to seeing everyone there!

What hotel, anyone know? I may come out Friday if there are still vacancies.
Looks like there is a Super 8 and Holiday Inn Express right next to the fairgrounds.

As an FYI, from the http://northiowaeventscenter.org/PDF%27s/2013nifairsked.pdf,

Saturday, July 13th - 9am Open Poultry Judging, Location: Small Animal Barn
Open for caging at 7am, birds must be in place by 9am.

http://northiowaeventscenter.org/PDF's/2013 Fairbook.pdf
Address: 3700 4th St SW, Mason City, IA 50401

Trying unsuccessfully to find a labeled map of the fairgrounds, the Small Animal Barn isn't listed on their venue list, so guess we'll figure it out when we get there. LOL

Last edited:
I really wish I was able to attend the meeting to meet each of you individually, shake your hand, and thank you for all the help over the past months.

I hatched five IBs out of Kari's stock and I couldn't be happier with the results. I plan on setting my first eggs from that group into the bator very soon.

If I can ever be of help or service to the group or the club, please do not hesitate to call on me.

All the best -
Dan

Back
Top Bottom