Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

Pics
Nice shot. Looking good and an important first step. Here's to hoping next year's show will have a string of them!

highfive.gif

Voting is now open for IBCC officers here. Voting ends Dec. 7th.

clap.gif

Connie,
Thanks for all of your work with this.

Just an FYI, there is a Spring show in Avoca, Ia in May or June. Maybe we can get some there.

Is going to depend on what variety we are going for, for me. At present, I don't have any SPs on the premises. If Birchen, I'm there as long as it isn't the week of Australian Shepherd nationals.

I'm going to a large show in Stockton, CA in Jan. It's one of the largest shows on the west coast. I'm already bringing 20ish birds with me, I could bring along my roo too. Do I just bring a copy of the proposed SOP for the judge to review if they are interested?

Deb

I haven't, it has been pouring down rain here for the last week. I'm trying my best to not wade into any of the pens.
sickbyc.gif
He's a comparable size to my Lakenvelders and LF Polish, so I think his size will be up to standard. If it ever stops raining or we transfer to the Ark, I'll weigh him and get a current photo.

Deb

Received an email from Hobby Farms magazine's associate editor wanting to put our breed into the March/April issue, see below.

I've responded that we can set up some email interviews and think this will be great for the breed!

Quote:

Congratulations to the new officers of the IBCC:

Jim Heinz (mrheinz77) is our new President
Kari McKay-Widdel (karimw) is our new Vice President
Connie Hurley (Hurley) is our new Secretary/Treasurer

Standards committee will be finalized by next week and we should soon have a standard finalized!

I have been getting a lot of inquiries about the breed and about acquiring IB chicks/eggs through the IBCC website, so I am going to put up a Breeder's List on the website. There will be a form for getting yourself added to the list.

Back
Top Bottom