Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion

The Eastern Iowa Poultry Association 143rd Annual show will be held 11/30-12/30 at the Sharpless Auction Complex in Iowa City, IA. IBCC has discussed having a display of birds and is also welcome to have a table for discussing and promoting the breed. If you would like to enter birds, it isn't too late. Just send me a private message and I'll be able to email you a copy of the catalog and entry form. Please have your entries post marked by 11/12/13.
You will have my entries tomorrow due to the holiday today. I'll be bringing a silver cockerel and 2 pullets, and a pair of Smokies for display.

I can post more photos of them now they are in their new coop. Would everyone let me know if they are worthy of being driven seven hours to the show
smile.png
?
You may win the, "have driven the furthest to be there award" from the IBCC if there was such an award! I would encourage you to bring some birds to exhibit! And meet your fellow enthusiasts.

You may win the, "have driven the furthest to be there award" from the IBCC if there was such an award! I would encourage you to bring some birds to exhibit! And meet your fellow enthusiasts.
We are looking forward to meeting everyone, but will be leaving the birds here. They have been through a lot of displacement in the last couple of months and not sure how they may take a long trip to the show. Brett and I have a lot to learn about this breed and about shows in general so we would rather not be distracted with having birds at the same time.

We will be bringing our incredibly cute Pomeranian however
smile.png
he always is the "star" of the show where ever we travel.

Saturday at 2pm. EIPA will have a spot picked out on site for the meeting. Also, IBCC is welcome to set up a table. Just let me know if you need it and if you have someone to "man" the table during the show.

Back
Top Bottom