irritated by scetchy chick

Quote:
I continue to be amazed at the differences in chick(en)s. My 1.2 week old Barred Rocks are the tamest in the bunch. If I put my hand down they will climb into it and up my shirt. They love to be held. My polish chicks are the skittish ones - and chest bumpers as well. Very funny to watch.

Sunny, my Buff was the one who passed a week ago. She was so sweet, I'm sure she'd have been the one to sit in my lap whenever she had the chance. Still can't get over the loss of her. Now I have a 1 week old black cochin that seems to be taking her place.

Quote:
I continue to be amazed at the differences in chick(en)s. My 1.2 week old Barred Rocks are the tamest in the bunch. If I put my hand down they will climb into it and up my shirt. They love to be held. My polish chicks are the skittish ones - and chest bumpers as well. Very funny to watch.

I had heard only good things about the Barreds, I was a little surprised myself!

Then again, I guess some chicks just like certain people! I was given a young 2 month old Golden Phoenix Roo, the person who had him said he was really "flighty" and not real friendly. We took him home, and he is the sweetest little guy, he'll fly up and sit on your shoulder, he's the first to run to you when I open their coop. You just don't know!!
idunno.gif

Quote:
I'm sorry
hugs.gif
. Those Buffies are sweet little things. Losing chicks is really hard. I lost two in March. Heartache!!
hit.gif

Cochins are supposed to be sweet and friendly too though! I'm glad one of your other chicks is "stepping up".

Back
Top Bottom