Is about 100.5 okay for dry hatching?

I just finished dry hatching in a Maticoopx 30 and the temp was 99.5- 99.9. The bigger temp was reached during hatching. Humidity for first 18 days was 25%~30% with no water. Lockdown we brought it to 45-55% humidity by adding water to the smallest of two reservoirs. During hatching as excoected the humidity would rise as high as 78.9%. It would drop to low 70% between hatching. I understand the temperature is typically higher (101.5) when using an incubator without a fan.
What was your hatch rate??

I use a Nurture Right 360 incubator and I do 100.5 fahrenheit for my dry hatches!

I would prefer to avoud fluctuations, but as long as it is not a severe fluctuation and it doesn't stay too low or too high too long then I wouldn't be as worried, but I would be worried if it happened alot.

When I do my dry hatches, I wrap a towel around my incubator to help regulate heat, like an extra insulator. Avoid covering any air holes though.

When a hen incubates her eggs, the temperatures vary. She also gets off her eggs at times to go eat and drink as well as let out any droppings she was holding in, so fluctuations in nature are normal.
Is the temp different during lockdown or no?

Back
Top Bottom