Is anyone familiar with The Chicken Man near Hendersonville NC?

I'm not sure what you are asking about. I think all you can do is read about him on FB.
As far as I know, he's not a breeder, but it would be worth contacting him and asking. I "think" he orders chick(en)s from a hatchery - probably either Meyer or My Pet Chicken (which is a 3rd party that uses Meyer), but that's a guess on my part since a lot of the photos he posts on FB seem to be from either website.

He may be growing out some and selling them as started pullets so he can guarantee sexing. If that's what you are looking for and don't want to order day olds from a hatchery or get day olds at Tractor Supply, it may be worth the drive.

I'm not sure what you are asking about. I think all you can do is read about him on FB.
As far as I know, he's not a breeder, but it would be worth contacting him and asking. I "think" he orders chick(en)s from a hatchery - probably either Meyer or My Pet Chicken (which is a 3rd party that uses Meyer), but that's a guess on my part since a lot of the photos he posts on FB seem to be from either website.

He may be growing out some and selling them as started pullets so he can guarantee sexing. If that's what you are looking for and don't want to order day olds from a hatchery or get day olds at Tractor Supply, it may be worth the drive.
Thanks. I think you nailed my question. I had never heard of him before today, but then there's probably thousands of professional breeders who raise show quality chickens that I never heard of also. Just wanted some idea of what he was about. Thank you

I’ve bought several birds from him. They are healthy and great producers. The owner is very friendly and helpful

Back
Top Bottom