Is chick diarrhea normal?

Oct 11, 2023
Arizona
If you do not want to hear about chicken poop, do not read.

Hey there, I have 3 Rhode Island Red chicks which i got on Saturday. (1 week 5 days old) Ive noticed in the first few days of having them, the smallest one had completely liquid poop. It was not foamy at all, just liquid brown. I did not notice this in the other 2 chicks. Today i noticed this in the other 2, but not as bad as the first. The first chick's diarrhea has cleared up a bit, but it's still softer than what the internet says is normal. The other 2 chicks are the same way - super soft poop.

I was thinking of things that could cause this. Maybe a change in feed? I think the store i got them at used electrolytes in the chicks water, but i didnt buy them. Maybe that switch caused it? They dont seem stressed, but maybe stress is a factor?

The chicks are SUPER active. They play, eat, and sleep normally, and do not seem droopy or lethargic at all.

If anyone knows any info please share.

I was thinking of things that could cause this. Maybe a change in feed? I think the store i got them at used electrolytes in the chicks water, but i didnt buy them. Maybe that switch caused it? They dont seem stressed, but maybe stress is a factor?
Yes, good thinking.
If you give healthy chick feed (not overdue) and no treats, no extra’s like fruit, it should be all right in a few days.

If you see blood or lethargic behaviour it could mean trouble.

If you do not want to hear about chicken poop, do not read.

Hey there, I have 3 Rhode Island Red chicks which i got on Saturday. (1 week 5 days old) Ive noticed in the first few days of having them, the smallest one had completely liquid poop. It was not foamy at all, just liquid brown. I did not notice this in the other 2 chicks. Today i noticed this in the other 2, but not as bad as the first. The first chick's diarrhea has cleared up a bit, but it's still softer than what the internet says is normal. The other 2 chicks are the same way - super soft poop.

The chicks are SUPER active. They play, eat, and sleep normally, and do not seem droopy or lethargic at all.

If anyone knows any info please share.
What would foamy mean ?

Back
Top Bottom