is Dumor (dumour) a good feed brand?

we have always used Dumor from hatch to lay for both the chickens/ducks and everyone is doing fine on it - my egg layers are alying well and have nice shells that are strong.

and the chicks are growing like crazy on it - so for us it works and we dont mind paying the price since we are tax exzempt ( i know spelled that wrong ) we signed up at TSC and everytime we buy feed of any kind we dont have to pay the tax on it so that helps alot.

and as far as smelly poop - well its chicken poop and it all smells to me anyway LOL

I am feeding the Southern States brand and they seem fine. However, what does everyone think is the best? I would like to feed organic but I haven't been able to find any in my local stores.

Dumor chick starter is non-medicated, my chicks got cocci when they were on it, I lost one, I switched to a medicated feed and started Sulmet saving all........I wont use it again..........

Im a doof, I guess. I used it for a long time until I found a local mill product. I didnt switch beacuse it was non medicated or smelly, the other was just cheaper.

Quote:
I'd feed whatever was the more readily available, had the proper analysis and if those two conditions were met, then Id use price as the final factor.

I was in Tractor Supply store today, and I saw the Dumor Layer feed. That store is convenient to my location so I was wondering if I should switch my pullets to this when they get to that stage. I suppose that I need to do some more research on the company and what is in the feed though. I had plans to switch to the Purina Mills Layena. However, it appears that a lot of stores do not carry it because it is too expensive; and apparently, they do not sell enough of it. Well, that is what a couple of store owners told me anyway. One thing I have noticed, it seems that some of the off brand feed do not have any dates on it, like when the feed was prepared or expiration dates. I personally would like to know how old the feed is that I am buying.

in my area I only have TSC and the mill. Tractor supply only sells the Dumor brand and the mill only sells one brand. I bought the mill for price, convenience, its medicated and TSC never has it when I need it which i think i said already.

Quote:
Don't feel bad. Out of 6 rir chicks, we have 5 roos
lol.png

We use Dumor with no problems. My chickens like it just fine and we aren't having any problems.

Back
Top Bottom