Is egg color genetics really male driven?

Cute! I’m glad you’ll be checking out the SB club. A lot of the breeders on the FB group are not huge fans of GFF. Do you have experience with them?
I have never purchased from them before. I ordered 5 Silverudds Blue and 3 Swedish Flowers from them due in April. Hoping all goes well. I am more interested in getting cockerels from them, for different blood lines (I hope). I ordered 5 Silverudds because of the BBS gene, I'd really like a blue cockerel for my Silverudd girls and move my splash to a Svart only pen.

This is Solo, named because no other chick hatched and I didn't have backup in the incubator like I should in the winter. This is a Svart Roo/Silverudd Hen mix. Born on a horribly near 0 day, it has thived with a great mom that can give it all her attention. I wasn't happy with the fibro out of the green egg, I believe it's better to have Silverudd Roo and Svart Egg. The first pic is him on day 2, with egg tooth still, number 2 is at 6 weeks.

IMG_20210126_123844730_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210305_161705562_HDR.jpg

Now the next photo is from a few that hatched in an incubator on February 15th. Same one twice, but you can tell it's only a day old, as it fell asleep mid eat.

IMG_20210216_125741073.jpg
IMG_20210216_125745209_MP.jpg

IMG_20210307_100157971-01.jpeg

This is incubator kids from my March 6th hatch. Taken on March 7th, they are all so friendly and come when called.

IMG_20210307_114522670.jpg

And my latest hatch by momma, Just finished hatching 3/8, and this taken 3/9. She's gonna be another great Svart mom. She's got 5 special mixes and 1 Svart (but honestly I thought all her eggs were mixed, so we added in error or splash/black didn't make blue). I'll see if it is a Svart Hona once the feathers start coming in, sometimes they have a little gray fuzz.
IMG_20210309_125124147.jpg

Missing in these is our group of 3 momma's taking care of a flock of kids in our "hoop hospital". I can't get pics in there, it's chaos we we go in because they want something!
Yes, we have 6 different groups of these, 3 with moms, 3 in brooders. Want any? :)

So far I've learned that the fibro isn't full proof, as a few miss a little on there toes, and a couple have very little at all. I'll probably sell the not fully fibro's as easter eggers, as there eggs should be green or blue. I want to keep some of the darkest to breed to get to splash fibro's. I will report results of growing up and next gen as well in this thread.

I also need to add, I've scene a few not quite fibro skins all the way to feet, get fibro there. How is this possible? I'm happy, but don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom