Is feathers missing or wing hurt??? I have 3 pheasants, (1 is 9 days old, 2-8days)

mistymmg

In the Brooder
Jul 26, 2016

I had trouble with one having pasty butt & separated it.. The other 2 have been together since hatching.. They were with 3 quail also (those 5 were the bullies in the brooder).. However, I put the 3 quail back in with the other 10 & then they were just them.. Today I noticed the smaller ones wing looked hurt or like it was missing some feathers.. The pheasant get spooked pretty easy but since pasty butt seems all better I put the hurt winged one in with it & the biggest pheasant is solo now.. So, do you think it will be ok??

I had trouble with one having pasty butt & separated it.. The other 2 have been together since hatching.. They were with 3 quail also (those 5 were the bullies in the brooder).. However, I put the 3 quail back in with the other 10 & then they were just them.. Today I noticed the smaller ones wing looked hurt or like it was missing some feathers.. The pheasant get spooked pretty easy but since pasty butt seems all better I put the hurt winged one in with it & the biggest pheasant is solo now.. So, do you think it will be ok??
Kinda hard to follow this post but as far as i can tell from the pic, the chick on the right is the one you think has a hurt wing. It doesn't, sometimes it's just the way their feathers come in. No worries.

Yes, the one on the right.. It's right wing doesn't look like its other.. I can't tell if it's broke or feathers missing,, it's as if that wing sticks out also..
1f914.png

Don't know what the cause is, or if there is even a reason for it but some of my ringnecked chicks look that way too! My Bianchi's are the worse for that characteristic, nearly every chick will look like yours. They eventualy grow out of it. Just an awkward growth stage. Nothing to be concerned.

Ok, good.. I was worried the bigger one had pulled its feathers so I put it in with the smaller one but it seems to flog it!! Ughhh I have no idea how people raise them without them killing each other?? Lol

Back
Top Bottom