Is he a keeper or a cull? Pictures Posted

I agree with DawnSuiter. Even 30 days can make a huge difference.

I think he's gorgeous
smile.png

Quote:
Thank you. I will give him some time. He just recently started filling out again. I guess they were loosing juvenile feathers, maybe? So, his tail feathers have not completely filled back in yet.

Do you think he has the right posture?

Have you looked at the SOP? I think he is gorgeous, but I don't remember what the Roos are supposed to look like.
Other pics I have seen of Australorps have that U shape and that pretty black eye. . . .

He looks promising. Were those pictures taken on the same day? He looks much better in the second one.

I have NO EXPERIENCE with Australorps.
idunno.gif

However, in my opinion, he's NO GOOD! You should get RID of him as soon as possible !!!
love.gif

Mail him to me....then I will have experience with Australorps........
big_smile.png
lau.gif
hide.gif

Ha-Ha!
wink.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:
Well, now after looking hard and heavy at those pics, I am gonna have to make sure both pics are of the same one. I have 2 that look a lot alike, except the comb is slightly different.

joletabey, I'll have to check out the SOP and see what I can find.

I have an Australorp Roo and I can tell you that he was a skinny guy up until about 7 months. Then he started to heft up and fill out. I would say keep him...he is a beauty...or should I say handsome devil.
lol.png

Hi Cammy, it's Grace
frow.gif

He looks very nice to me! You and your son certainly have nice enough quality birds to start showing!
Week after tomorrow is our next 4-H Poultry Club meeting if y'all decide to join us
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom