is he, or isn't he

TLWR

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 10, 2010
southern AL
I think Adak is a he. Good, or he'd have a complex since I refer to him as a he or the girls and Adak.

I noticed tonight while he was in the pool that he's trying to make grown up duck sounds. And when I picked him up to put him back in the brooder with the 2 girls, that was one raspy sound. The girls are a week younger, so nothing to compare it with and I don't recall what my grown up girls sounded like exactly.

So, I might have my little black runner boy!
Home grown, no less
lol.png

Not long after that post, those raspy sounds were much more quacky. We are pretty now that he's actually a she. Adak is almost 8 weeks and he's a quacker and the 2 girls from Metzer's that are almost 7 weeks are just as quacky. So I think I now have a total of 5 girls. She's beautiful, but I was really hoping for my little black boy runner. (she's also insane).

They've all been free ranging in the yard after work until dusk this last week and since I have today off, they've been out all day in the yard with the older girls. Older girls actually run away from the younger ones now.

Back
Top Bottom