Is Henry just an Easter Egger?

ThomsonCentennialFarm

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 17, 2011
Holliday, Missouri
This is Henry. I got him from a lady who thought he was Salmon Faverolle (but he doesn't have feathered legs). His legs are slate colored. I was kind of wondering if he was Russian Orloff based on his spangling, stance and feathering. His head feathers kind of stand up like he has some Crevecoeur? I'm thinking he's just a really pretty red spangled Easter Egger, but wanted opinions. Thanks!

He is stunning!

It looks like he may be a mix between an EE and some form of gamefowl. Look at how he holds himself. Like one of his parents is a Pumpkin Hulsey or something similar. The beard and pea comb could definitely come from an EE type birds. Faverolle's are also bearded, so it might not be too far off that the bird is a faverolle mix. Is the comb a pea comb, or a different type? Kinda hard to see, though it looks like a pea comb to me. How many toes does he have?

Last edited:
I'd vote that he's an EE/Game mix. Though I can see where you are coming from with the Orloff idea. He's definitely the product of two clean-legged parents. Feathered legs take at least 2 to 3 generations to disappear completely.

Back
Top Bottom