Is It A Chicken? Guess Someone Wasn't Sure

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
Does this look like a chicken to you? Apparently, the woman who called me today wasn't sure, even with a detailed description of his parentage in the ad on the feed store bulletin board, even with the two pictures of this young cockerel I posted. I was sort of perplexed by the question. He's up on BSA here, but I finally caved and put up an ad at the feed store, though I wasn't sure I wanted someone who didn't have access to the educational aspect of BYC to get Ranger (yes, I know, I know, I have no choice if I can't keep him, but I'm getting attached and he's so sweet-hate to see him mistreated or killed by coons due to bad housing, etc). Guess I left out the fact that he was a chicken in the ad. Need to fix that next time, I suppose.
hmm.png

DSCN2858.jpg

DSCN2668.jpg

The conversation:

Lady on phone: You have the free bird? (she may have said "birds", not sure)
Me: Yes, ma'am.
Lady: Is it, like, a chicken?
Me: um, yes, it's a young male chicken.
Lady: Do you have the hens to go with him? (I said he was "odd man out", no mention of hens or any other birds in the ad)
Me: No, ma'am, I have only the one bird up for adoption at this time.
Lady: Oh, okay.

I imagine this is what you Craigslist sellers go through all the time, huh?

I have questions, I shall call you with them

No I will just ask here...

About that free bird....what type of parrot is it? How big will it get? Does it like peanuts? How old will it be when it talks? What color eggs will it lay?

cool.png

Dingbats are everywhere, I see you have them in Georgia too.

Last edited:
Quote:
It's simple: in my pessimistic mind I figure she was thinking that she could get a free bird and then turn around and sell it. Only, she has no idea how hard it is to sell a cross bred rooster... lol

I agree with poster that said "click goes my phone".
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom