Is it a cockerel?

True Araucana are rare and rumpless. I don’t think any of the big hatcheries and the feed stores would have true Araucana. They usually have various different spellings of Americana etc which are really just Easter Eggers. Ameracaunas are another true breed but again, you won’t find them in your local feed store. :) but who cares, because your birds are beautiful! :D I personally love the variations in the EE, because even though they’re all grouped together, you wind up with strikingly different colors and patterns.

True Araucana are rare and rumpless. I don’t think any of the big hatcheries and the feed stores would have true Araucana. They usually have various different spellings of Americana etc which are really just Easter Eggers. Ameracaunas are another true breed but again, you won’t find them in your local feed store. :) but who cares, because your birds are beautiful! :D I personally love the variations in the EE, because even though they’re all grouped together, you wind up with strikingly different colors and patterns.
I did have a true Americana rooster that I bought at a local fair. He was beautiful and a great rooster!

Interesting. Why do they sell them as araucana’s then? Very misleading.

Not a great picture. This was our Blade taken in 2009. Incidentally, Wikipedia states that the Americana was a breed created in the U. S. from the Araucana in the in the1970s. Probably why most pictures are Easter Eggers.
5737B6BD-A780-452B-9EF1-198FE4AF30B8.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom