is it dead?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickenrandomness, May 22, 2011.

1. just candled my egg in the bator. no movement. it does look like it develpoed all the way, but it doesn't react to the recordings of peeping. is it just asleep? i'm a nervous wreck because i've never got this far with incubating (all other times they had died before day 14)

2. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    They tend to sleep a lot when they are in the egg, did you see and blood rings?? if not, It's probably still alive.

3. Quote:all i saw was blackness and a huge air sack

4. gameboygal12

Feb 24, 2010
    Quote:all i saw was blackness and a huge air sack

then that probably means it's gotten pretty big! just wait it out and no matter how hard it is, DO NOT OPEN THE EGG!! I just did this morning and I think I killed it...

5. the suspence is killing me! i can't wait for it to hatch!

6. i bet its pecking the shell as hard as it can right now [​IMG]

at least i hope so

7. gameboygal12

Feb 24, 2010
    Quote:It's hard to be patient when chicks are close to hatching! I just have to get out of the house sometimes because I worry about my eggs too much!

8. i just tried the tap test where you tap it and its supposed to peep. i hope its just sleeping! i didn't get a responce!

btw, i forgot to add that today is day 21

9. TayFray!

TayFray! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Vienna, Maine
    it can take more then 21 days! And i know it is hard, i am that way when my eggs were hatching, i killed mine and i felt bad, just wait it out, itll hatch if it is alive!

10. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    relax (hard to do huh? lol)
    some are just slower than others, keep your incubator closed and wait 2 days

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by