Is it Egg Peritonitis?

Cayuga momma

♡Ducks♡, enough said.
Mar 13, 2018
Western NY
So my sweetest girl Siggy is sick.
I noticed tonight when closing up the coop, she was standing on the nesting box with her tail drooping and white watery droppings underneath her. She pooped again and it came out clear/watery with some liquid green in it.
Her crop is only half full.
She is an Exchequer Leghorn.
She is 25 weeks old.
She has only been laying for a month and a half. She did lay an egg today.
She is on an All flock crumble with rolled oats and BOSS = 18% protein.
(They have been on this mixture for a month)
She was out free ranging today and seemed perfectly normal.

I have put her in a cat crate and brought her inside. I only have water in the crate with her. She is making her normal little chirps right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

I will post pics of her and her poop in the morning.

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I can't help much, but hopefully someone will chime in soon. Could she have eaten anything while out free ranging today?

She pooped this last night
20181029_194511.jpg

And this, this morning.
20181030_112339.jpg

This one stank really bad!

That looks like long grass, I might assume crop impaction. On the plus side, it looks like it IS moving. No more free ranging until she's all better at least. The bright green watery poop is usually from not eating.

It's definitely not egg yolk peritonitis! Could have been a slight impaction of the crop?, Idk. Don't understand how the grass made it through the digestive system that intact? Some type of wire grass, maybe?

Thank you.
There wasn't any whote in it just grass. She has eaten about a cup of food today and I'm gonna give her some eggs with nutri-drench mixed in.
Maybe she got excited to see the grass again after our snow melted and over indulged.

She isn't happy about being inside so I think if her poop goes back to being normal she can go back it tomorrow.

Thank you again guys! I really really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom