Is it normal for Chickens to sneeze?

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
My silkie has sneezed a couple of times from what I've noticed which was yesterday and today. She gets her head feathers wet so I keep thinking she has a cold but they can't get colds I'm pretty sure. She has no other signs of any illness but she does dig in the dir a lot and that's what I'm thinking it's from.

My silkie has sneezed a couple of times from what I've noticed which was yesterday and today. She gets her head feathers wet so I keep thinking she has a cold but they can't get colds I'm pretty sure. She has no other signs of any illness but she does dig in the dir a lot and that's what I'm thinking it's from.
It may be that she has respiratory illness. Check the coop and if it smells. Also does she eat dry feed?

I'd like to know this too! One of our girls has been sneezing her whole life, so I'm guessing it's normal? Nothing comes out of her nose, so I'm guessing it's just dust. However, our other ladies don't sneeze.

thank you, yes my others sneeze here and there but she sneezes the most. I bring her in sometimes because shell get her head feathers wet and then she's cold and that's not good.

It may be that she has respiratory illness. Check the coop and if it smells. Also does she eat dry feed?
The coop hasn't smelled for a while now since I have proper ventilation and yes she eats dry food (all flock) they only get mealworms or oatmeal once in a while

Back
Top Bottom