Is it normal to get freaked?

zimmy

Songster
12 Years
Mar 24, 2007
Orlando
I SWEAR.

I don't even want to candle the eggies, I'm sooooosososo scared that none'll hatch. The missap on day two made it worse (the temp spiked 108-110 for about three hours), but even if that DIDN'T happen... This is my first time, so I have NO idea what to expect. I range from being pessimist, to realist, to optamist. If it deals with having something happen, like a friend coming over, or getting a report card, (or hatching CHICKIES) I like to set my expectations nice and low, so that when the results come out in the open, I won't be dissapointed.

BUT THIS IS LOCO.

All I'm using to candle is hardly good--A smallish flashlight (the only one my little brother hasn't wrecked) and a toilet paper tube roll. I haven't even dared cadling, I'm just afraid I'll see nothing but yolk, and that'll drive me nuts. I keep thinking NONE will HATCH.

Heck, I'll be happy if ONE does.

So, does anybody else ever get like this?

Zimmy.....what you are feeling is TOTALLY natural for those of us who incubate. Its ok.....ya win some ya lose some.....I hope you win with ALL of yours...but as you said...even ONE hatched is a blessing! Good luck....
fl.gif

Thanks XP

Ah, but it feels SO GOOD to say that, and know that I'm not the only one who worries when I pass the incubator.

hugs.gif

But, it's only day 9. I still have TWO MORE WEEKS of this
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

I shook like a leaf the first time, worrying that I would drop it. Grace is NOT my middle name! I held the eggs in my lap just to make sure they didn't fall.
Stephanie

Back
Top Bottom