Is it ok to add only one hen

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Hi guys, my family is only ok with getting one new chick because the coop is too small, the outside is large... but not the inside. I have four hens, all about a year old. One of them gets her head feather pecked, but other than that there really isnt much of a pecking order. Do I have enogun room for two more? Is it posibble to only add one? Would adding just one make it so they get really bullied? I can add the one on left side and they can see each other, I could separate the inside of the coop with cardboard until they figured each other out. I would be getting the other one as a chick...
Screenshot 2021-05-15 12.48.07 PM.png

2 EEs, one BR and one dark brahma, I have no idea what the dimensions are but I will get back to you on that. The BR is the one making one of my EEs bald

The problem is the hens you already have are very crowded. Your coop is a little over 8 sq feet and standard birds on average usually need at least 4 sq feet in the coop
What should I do? We already got a bigger run. They dont use the coop often, only to sleep and lay

Back
Top Bottom