is it ok to eat a bird killed by a predator?

risingeaglefarm

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 2, 2014
Today I went out to feed my birds and found that the door was open, half of them were gone, one was on my roof, one was lying in there dead, there was a little bit of blood inside but otherwise very little evidence. I don't know what killed the birds.
I processed the one dead quail, it looked untouched. No blood, I didn't see any bite marks or wounds, there was a little bit of blood coming out of the mouth, and by the looks of it, it seems to me that something crushed it. There might have been some damage on the back, but nothing extensive, nothing deep. There was some bruising on the right breast. Anyway, it looked relatively clean to me, no missing flesh or anything, so I thought it would be fine to eat, but I wanted to ask on here first if there are any problems with eating a bird that was killed by an unknown predator. Have you before?

Oh, I should add that the meat should be fine, it was under twenty degrees outside and the body was still warm when I found it, so no chance of going bad.

Yes, I did wash very well with some meat spray and scrubbed clean, and will cook well. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom