Is it possible and okay to incubate duck eggs from the refrigerator?

quackkquack_

Songster
Jun 30, 2022
Hi! This is probably a dumb question but I'm curious
I still have some of Newt's fertile eggs and we weren't planning on hatching any more of her eggs so we stored them in the fridge
I heard people store their eggs up to 24 hours in the freezer before hatching them (when shipped)
So basically I was wondering,
Is it possible to incubate some of her eggs despite the fact they've been in the fridge for a while now?
We thought about doing it if its possible but my only concern is IF they would hatch (I don't think so but thats why I'm here lol), would they hatch with a deformity or something like that? Because if so, I'll just keep the eggs stored in the fridge lol

Hi! This is probably a dumb question but I'm curious
I still have some of Newt's fertile eggs and we weren't planning on hatching any more of her eggs so we stored them in the fridge
I heard people store their eggs up to 24 hours in the freezer before hatching them (when shipped)
So basically I was wondering,
Is it possible to incubate some of her eggs despite the fact they've been in the fridge for a while now?
We thought about doing it if its possible but my only concern is IF they would hatch (I don't think so but thats why I'm here lol), would they hatch with a deformity or something like that? Because if so, I'll just keep the eggs stored in the fridge lol
They would be fine and shouldn’t hatch with a deformity I store my fresh hatching eggs in the fridge until I hatch them.

I wanna know where you heard about them being stored in the freezer I’ve never heard this and it would more then likely make it a 0% chance to hatch after being frozen

They would be fine and shouldn’t hatch with a deformity I store my fresh hatching eggs in the fridge until I hatch them.

I wanna know where you heard about them being stored in the freezer I’ve never heard this and it would more then likely make it a 0% chance to hatch after being frozen
Ooh okay! Thanks!

I might be remembering it wrong, I think where I read about it they said fridge not freezer 😅

Back
Top Bottom