Is it possible to tell if these are pullets yet?

DeeBocBoc

In the Brooder
May 16, 2017
My six darlings are almost five weeks old and as with many newbies on here it seems, I too am excited to know if I have pullets (my other three are a little camera shy this evening). I believe that I have two silkies (five toes) and they are all supposed to be Easter Eggers. If it's too early to tell please let me know when I should repost future pics. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_0512.JPG
    IMG_0512.JPG
    604.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    648.6 KB · Views: 12
If you can't see any wattles sprouting yet then I'd say you're in with a good chance. But at least 6 weeks old is a good age to be sure one way or another. I know crested breeds can be tricky and take a bit longer to know for sure. They sure are cute with their top knots though!

My six darlings are almost five weeks old and as with many newbies on here it seems, I too am excited to know if I have pullets (my other three are a little camera shy this evening). I believe that I have two silkies (five toes) and they are all supposed to be Easter Eggers. If it's too early to tell please let me know when I should repost future pics. Thanks for the help!
I am not sure you can tell on an Easter Egger by look until they are older.

The second picture looks like a pullet, but the first picture seems more like a cockerel to me. Although until the wattles grow in, you can't really be too sure.

If you can't see any wattles sprouting yet then I'd say you're in with a good chance. But at least 6 weeks old is a good age to be sure one way or another. I know crested breeds can be tricky and take a bit longer to know for sure. They sure are cute with their top knots though!
Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom