Is it possible?

lynn52

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 2, 2009
Maine
My girls have me stumped. I have a mixed flock of mostly brown egg layers, except for one speckled Hamburg, and 2, 10 week old white leghorns. (Buffs, barred rocks, and reds all laying brown eggs) every other day I am getting 2 white eggs a day. One always a bit smaller than the other. How is this possible? And I do check my best boxes 3-4 times a day, there are never eggs in there at my last check around 8pm. How is this possible? Is my specked laying two eggs a day? Or (even though I know it sounds crazy) could one of my pullers started laying already?? I'm baffled, and help is appreciated!

10 weeks is too young to be laying. Some hens occasionally lay 2 eggs a day but it isn't usually continuously, and it's generally higher production breeds. Maybe you have another one that lays white eggs. Are you sure of your breeds.

I am 100% sure of my breeds. And it is every other day, and the eggs are the purest of white. Like I said the only white egg layer that is of age is my Hamburg. The only other two white egg layers are my leghorns that are 10 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom