Is it safe for chicks to consume brewers yeast? and what veggies would my ducklings like?

Ming Ming

Chirping
Aug 3, 2017
I just learned my ducklings need brewers yeast and I keep them with my older chicks, like 5 wk olds. and I also learned they cant have spinach which concerns me, what vegetables can the have?

zuchinni, peas, carrots, raw cabbage, cauliflower, and broccoli. Apparently peas are the most favorite and can be used to train ducks. Taking a bag of frozen peas and tossing it into the fridge to thaw is a great thing to have on hand for your ducks.
Always cut duck food into small pieces, and be sure to check the age at which ducks can have a certain food. Sometimes, certain aged ducklings cannot have certain things. You have adult ducks, so this shouldn't be an issue, but if you ever get more ducklings, keep this in mind.
In addition to spinach, don't feed citrus, carbonated beverages, onions, chocolate, or caffine and alcohol (who would feed their ducks this is beyond me).
If you want more yummy treats for your ducks, I was just looking online this morning and have about a hundred written down for my future ducks. I found the list of yummy foods on backyard chickens, if you just type in what foods can ducks have, you'll probably see it. Happy duck feeding!

Back
Top Bottom