Is it still a white chicken???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by magicpigeon, Jan 1, 2011.

1. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    [​IMG]

it could also be a partridge x white cross, but I don't think so. (It can't be seen in this pic) but there are grey to black patches of fluff on him/her and I have no idea where they came from! Will he/she still feather out to be white! I'm hoping not, I have waaay to many white silkies [​IMG]
    Anyway, I don't know how to use the chicken calculator, but what could I expect a black x white silkie cross to look like? I was thinking it would be white with black patches or the other way round but like I said, I'm no expert on genetics, so have absolutely no idea XD

Thanks and a happy new year [​IMG]

2. SimplySplendidSilkies

SimplySplendidSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2010
    Adairsville, GA
    Splash?

3. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    My guess would be splash. I had one splash out of my babies, and I think he started out looking like that. I will go try to find a pic.

Edited to add the pic. Not a great one, but I think this.....
    [​IMG]

.....is the one that ended up like this:
    [​IMG]

Good Luck! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  4. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    No, that can most definitely be a white. Some white chicks are more "silvery" while others have the yellowy down.

5. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    Thanks for the replies. I have since had 3 more hatch [​IMG] And another is similar in color. So I'm hoping it's a splash...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by