Is it time?

Bigtom Turkey

Crowing
Nov 29, 2020
Indiana
I have a 7 month old Newzeland doe (rabbit) that has previously been nice and cuddly, however, these last two weeks she has been WILD! I know she is pregnant (she has been running with my buck for a month) but is it time? Also, I just got two just weaned does (Holland lop mix and NZ) that I put in her cage, normally it is a no problem she is, like I said, very sweet; But she growled and attacked it, poor thing.
So I guess my question is is it time??

Last edited:
I don't know about the timing, but putting those other rabbits in her cage is just asking for trouble. Big time. As Bunnylady has so eloquently put it, two or more rabbits can all get along just fine. Until they don't. Then it can get pretty bloody.

That said, if she doesn't have a nest box, give her one. And remove those other rabbits.

Update: She still has not had them yet :he, she has been making a nest for 2 weeks! She is also bigger around the middle, but no babies!

Update 2: She had 6 very large babies!!! One is mostly cinnamon with a little black, the rest are black with a tiny bit of white!! My plans are to sell the males and keep the females back for breeding.

Back
Top Bottom