Is it to early to guess a gender?

i have 3 rhode islands and they looked exactly like yours but i was wondering if anyone knew when they were going to start laying eggs? They are about 5 months old if you could help that would be awesome thanks!!!!!!

I am glad you all could enjoy Twitters Stink eye! :D Everyone except for the RIR were hens. The RIR was a nasty piece of work though... :(

They say Chickens start laying at 2o-24 weeks, I am still waiting for my Americauna's to lay eggs and they are the same age. Plus, I also put it down to the changing season,(Fall) less light and cooler conditions maybe. Out of four hens I get one day egg a day
sad.png

They say Chickens start laying at 2o-24 weeks, I am still waiting for my Americauna's to lay eggs and they are the same age. Plus, I also put it down to the changing season,(Fall) less light and cooler conditions maybe. Out of four hens I get one day egg a day
sad.png
Quote - lovechickies-i have 3 rhode islands and they looked exactly like yours but i was wondering if anyone knew when they were going to start laying eggs? They are about 5 months old if you could help that would be awesome thanks!!!!!!

Are you giving them enough Layer Feed ? They need enough calcium to start laying
If you RR looks like hers you have a Roosters ..see how the tail flips up ..thats a rooster

Hello, I was hatched out in March, I am a curious docile chicken but my chicken mom can't figure out if I am a Rooster or a hen? My sisters and I were supposed to be sexed and 99% guaranteed to be all hens can you help us? Thanks :)

Me and some of my sisters

Me and my older brother Mr. Mille Fleur Rooster, isn't he handsome!

Me next to my lovely Light Bramaha sister (for size comparison)

Me by myself, what do you think? Hen or Rooster?
I would say Roo

100 percent Cockerel.

He looks just like our Production Rhode Island red, Rhode Island Rhett, pictured at around 20 weeks. These boys can be SOOOO sweet!

Back
Top Bottom