Is it to late to hatch?

You can use the phone flashlight just make sure your in a really dark room or closet. Put the air sack end of the egg to the light, then slowly turn the egg and see if there's a baby moving. You should see some veins.

Did she become a pet for you? Just asking, cause I had a similar situation and ended up with 1 chick to raise.
She was also raised alone and a lot with humans especially because she was the only chick that hatched. The reason why I couldn’t get her a friend is because TSC chick season was over and there was no way I could order a friend for her with a hatchery so the only option was to raise her with humans.

I attempted my first batch with 11 Cochin Bantam eggs from my own flock and ended up with two sweet ladies who are close to lay, one handsome guy who I am trying to get rid of, and two TSC chicks. A BB Red OEGB and a Golden Laced Sebright.
20211019_155225.jpg

Was she able to integrate with your flock?

My lone chick wouldn't join my juvenile flock, every time I saw him, he was by himself perching or wandering around the yard. He turned into an unintentional pet. I was worried for his safety and sure enough a bobcat picked him off at 10 weeks old.

Was she able to integrate with your flock?

My lone chick wouldn't join my juvenile flock, every time I saw him, he was by himself perching or wandering around the yard. He turned into an unintentional pet. I was worried for his safety and sure enough a bobcat picked him off at 10 weeks old.
Yikes I sure do not like any type of predator's. I once had this really pretty pullet she was a red frizzled named Red Bean sadly she randomly disappeared assuming a hawk got her especially because it was daytime. I have been having so many trouble with that pesky hawk. Took 3 of my chicks assuming it two of my sapphire rocks recently this month. That hawk is pesky it went inside the chicken coop and the run. WHile jumping and chasing the chickens thank god someone was there to scare that hawk.That hawk has also taken many of our chickens in the past. Not so fond of that pesky hawk.

Yikes I sure do not like any type of predator's. I once had this really pretty pullet she was a red frizzled named Red Bean sadly she randomly disappeared assuming a hawk got her especially because it was daytime. I have been having so many trouble with that pesky hawk. Took 3 of my chicks assuming it two of my sapphire rocks recently this month. That hawk is pesky it went inside the chicken coop and the run. WHile jumping and chasing the chickens thank god someone was there to scare that hawk.That hawk has also taken many of our chickens in the past. Not so fond of that pesky hawk.
Sorry for your losses.

Back
Top Bottom