Is it too late to try and rat proof this coop?

I hope it works. Please let us know.

Once you get rid of that nest under your coop, you could bury the hardware cloth about 6" around your coop and attach it to your coop. I'd pile rocks around it then too. (We happen to have lots of them, but if you don't, perhaps you have bricks or pavers you could use.)
Does anybody know if this actually worked? Should it be poured down the holes or just placed in piles in the coop?

I put out baking soda and corneal with a little bit of feed, mixed it really well they ate half the bowl. I left it out last night. I put a crap ton of baking soda in there. Hopefully the baking soda works, if not on to the peppermint spray. I think I’ll shave some rat poison over the feed if I still have any issues.

I put away the chicken feed last night and only left out the corn muffin and baking soda mix. The rats did not like it. They killed two more of my chicks 🤬 one was dragged out of the coop and eaten and another one was just killed, I think just to spite me. They were roosting on the lower part. I have the remaining two younger chicks on the higher roost with the adult chickens. Hopefully the rats can't get up there's. It's about five feet high. I'm going to have to take care of this rat problem this weekend.
I had a rat problem in my barn few years ago. I took 4” PVC pipe cut in like 2’ sections and placed them along the walls where rat traffic was evident. I out rat poison blocks in the center of the pipe. Rats could get it but none of the chickens, barn cats or anything else could.

Back
Top Bottom